- Duration Variable
- Difficulty 4/5
- Group Size 4
Special trip to the Huaorani!
We have decided to take 4 guests to the Huaorani tribe deep in the Ecuadorian Amazon. I know them well, having published two books about them, stayed with them for extended periods as the only non-Huaorani, laughed with them and been treated as family. It is not for everyone but it will be quite the adventure. Contact us privately at [email protected] or [email protected]
PRICE: Determined by group size
Single Supplement: N/A
Arrival: Mariscal Sucre International Airport, Quito, Ecuador
Arrival Time: All year round
- Accommodation on a shared or single room basis.
- All meals, unless otherwise stated.
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure.
- Assistance on arrival and departure at each destination.
- All internal airfares and ground transportation on the itinerary.
- One Pete Oxford Expeditions trip leader.
- Round-trip international airfare to Ecuador.
- Travel insurance – highly recommended and can be booked via this website.
- Early check-in or late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses, such as laundry, telephone, internet and alcoholic beverages.
- All gratuities.
ITINERARY NOT PUBLISHED
Discover the world with an experienced traveler
Photographer | Owner | Trip Leader
Pete and Reneé were permanent residents of Ecuador from 1985 to 2019. They met in the Ecuadorian Amazon and got married there. They have been friends of the Huaorani people for over 25 years, campaigning to save their land from oil companies and advanced colonisation from outsiders. They have done 2 books on the Huaorani, the first included a foreword by Trudie Styler and Sting. In 2014, Pete was awarded the accolade of Ecuadorian Photojournalist of the Year based on an article done on the Amazon rainforest. This is home territory for Pete and he looks forward to sharing it with the right group of travelers.